Tuesday, May 28, 2013

{ catching up }

It's been quite a while since I've blogged.  The break from blogging wasn't intentional...but life seems to happen whether or not you really want it to.  So I figured I would write a quick (well - maybe long) post of what we've been up to for the past couple of weeks...


  • Alex has tubes!  I can't tell you how relieved we are.  We've already seem quite a difference in him.  He had his surgery 2 weeks ago.   We spent more time in pre-op then the actual procedure took.  My  MIL and I barely had time to sit down and talk before the ENT appeared out of no where.  He has had some drainage.  Nothing drastic and nothing that appears to be an infection - but we can tell he's already a much happier guy!



  • Another note on Alex - we had another follow up with his Urologist.  I can't tell you how frustrated I was after this visit.  Mike and I had agreed that at this point in time we were ready for surgery if Alex's kidney hadn't improved.  Which it hasn't, in fact, it's measuring a little bigger.  But now it seems like her story has changed.  Before we were told we would have seen some improvement - even on a small scale.  She's now saying it maybe up to 2 years.  So...in July we go back for another renogram to see what function is left in his kidney.  Hopefully we will see some improvement.  If not, and our urologist doesn't have a better game plan...we're going to go get a second opinion.  It's not that I want to put Alex through unnecessary surgery - but at what cost to the function in his kidney are we doing by continuing to wait.

  • Evan's school year is coming to a close.  In fact, he only has 2 weeks left.  He's absolutely loved his school and his teacher.  As luck would have it, he'll go there again next year.  This summer, we've planned for him to attend summer camp once a week per month until he goes back to school.  I know he's excited.  I'm sure he'll have a blast.

  • We're in the middle of planning our very first family vacation.  We've gone a few places since Mike and I have been married - but never on our own.  So this time we're going to venture on our own for a week or so.  It won't be until September - but I'm already looking forward to making memories with the boys (even if Alex is too young to remember).

  • Lastly, after some tear-filled conversations with the Hubby, we've made the decision to move out of state.  We've talked about it for years and have come to the conclusion, it's now or never.  Mike isn't happy here.  It's time for him to spread his wings and see what he can accomplish on his own away from family.  I'm excited for this adventure.  It would mean a lot of sacrificing - but Mike will be able to be in the career field of his choice, and I would be able to stay at home with the boys (at least for some time).

Hopefully things will start to calm down - or at least I'll be able to stay on top of things since Alex seems to be feeling a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment