Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{ sleep or the lack there of }

Alex has always been a great sleeper.  For the most part anyways.  However since the time change on Sunday, we haven't been sleeping.  I'm at a loss of what do to for my tired toddler who desperately wants to sleep but for some reason isn't able to settle himself anymore.

Part of me wants to blame who Mike has handled Alex's crying when he was put down a few nights ago.  Instead of letting Alex cry it out for a minute or two (which normal for him, he then settles himself down and sleeps), he promptly picked him up and took him into our room lay with him until he fell asleep.  Now it seems like he isn't willing to or able to settle himself down until we've gone through this ritual. 

Oh, and midnight on the dot for the past few nights, Alex decides that he needs to be up again.  No matter of rocking, cuddles, or singing him to sleep makes this midnight wake up last more than at least 45 minutes.  I'm tired.  Mike's tired.  Alex is tired.  And we're all on our last nerve

To make matters worse, Alex is refusing to eat dinner.  Another concern of mine since he very much loves to shove food in his face.  We've tried different seating arrangements for him (high chair vs booster seat), sitting with him and not sitting with him, even offering things I know he'll eat.  Nothing.  It all ends in tears, both his and mine, and neither of us eating much of anything for dinner.  I've come to hate dinner time since during the week, it's just the boys and I, since Mike doesn't get home until well after dinner time.

I'm out of ideas.  Do you have any?  seriously, I'll take whatever advice I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment