Sunday, May 25, 2014

{ sunday currently :: volume 4 }


I found out that our favorite park (Nicollet Commons Park) had finally opened up on Friday.  The boys were more than happy to spend the evening after pizza night splashing in the water until I had to drag them away for bed time.  We will defiantly be spending a good portion of our summer there.

I'm once again joining Lauren to catch up what's currently happening here.

CURRENTLY ::

READING ::  I actually have read quite a bit this week.  I'll probably finish my third book of the week sometime this evening.  I read The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern, and now I'm pretty much going to read everything she's written.  Maybe not right away, but as I go, she'll be an author that I follow.  I also read Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen.  I've been trying to keep some of my choices of the Rory Gilmore Book Challenge as part of my 30 by 30.  And lastly I'm almost finished with The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida.  It's written by an autistic 13 year old and it's pretty fascinating.  I have a nephew who was diagnosed 3 years ago, and I'm hoping that this will help me better understand his perspective on life and what my sister in law deals with everyday.
WRITING ::  I'm not really writing anything right now.  I have plans for keeping up with my journal better and writing here more.
LISTENING ::  Right now the quiet of our apartment.  Both boys are in bed and the dishwasher is running.  It's peaceful and calm.  However I've had "Ain't It Fun" by Paramore and "Birthday" by Katy Perry stuck in my head for days now.
THINKING :: I'm so glad to have another day off!  As long as the weather holds, we're headed to the MN Zoo in the morning and then off to a BBQ with my sisters.
SMELLING :: The Ooey Gooey Butter Cake I made yesterday.  It didn't quite turn out the way that I thought it would, but it was delicious!
WISHING :: The boys would sleep in tomorrow.  While I personally plan to be up early so I can do a couple loads of laundry and pack things for the day, it would be nice if they were asleep for a good portion of that.
HOPING :: That Mike's bid this week goes well at work.  Mike's company has to rebid for their schedules since a new schedule is being put out from the county.  This could be good news if he gets a good bid and his hours go up, but it could also go very badly quickly.  Especially since he was promised 35 hours last time and he barely got 20 if we were lucky.
WEARING :: An emerald dress my sister found for me when we went shopping recently.  She was pretty pleased with herself since both dresses I bought that day, she had found.
LOVING ::  Tazo Passion tea...I'm not quite sure why I haven't been drinking tea recently but it's the best way to end my day!
WANTING ::  To take a photography class.  Early this year my husband bought me my first Nikon dslr camera.  I can remember a few things from when I took photography class in high school, but I'm thinking that I may check out a community class or a class at the local community college.
NEEDING ::  A foot rub - I spent a good portion of the day cleaning our apartment.
FEELING ::  Content.  It was a rough week last week since I felt like Mike and I were on different pages, but we figured it out and it seems like we both are headed in the same direction now.

What are you currently up to?

1 comment:

  1. I love that Tazo tea too, I actually just asked my grandma to bring me some as it is so good for summer!

    ReplyDelete