Wednesday, September 26, 2012

{ Alex's Birth Story }

Alex's entrance into this world was well planned.  It was nothing like my nephew's birth story where my sister decided she was going to have him that day so she decided she wanted to go for a walk around the block.  However, at the time they were living out in farm country where a block was a 4 mile walk....lets just say she only made it 2 miles.

Instead we had a planned C-section because of my previous one with Evan.  I was given the option of a VBAC, but decided that I would most likely end up needing another C-Section anyways.  On the 17th, I got up at 5 am, showered, packed the last of the things that I would need during my hospital stay and cuddled with Evan while waiting for Mike to get home from work so we could head to the hospital.  At 630, we were all checked in (although I have feeling that if hadn't already at a planned C-section, I would have been sent home since they were already had 8 laboring moms) and my mom made sure that Mike went to go get something to eat while we waited.

At 9 am, I walked with the nurses down to the OR and was given my spinal and draped before Mike came in.  Then at 9:24 am, after a couple of attempts to get Alex out, he was born feet first weighing 8 lbs 2 oz and  21 1/4 inches long.  Perfect in every way.

Later that afternoon after recovering for a while, my mother in law brought Evan in to meet his brother.  Evan was excited to meet Alex and hold him.  In fact he wanted little to do with me and was all over his new brother (and has been since Alex was born).

Alex is certainly a perfect addition to our little family and we are so blessed he is finally here.

Here are some pictures from his first day with us...

{ our first picture together ::  Mommy, Daddy, and Alex }

{ Alex's Birth Weight }

{ Evan meeting Alex for the first time }

{ a very proud big brother }

{ checking out his big brother }

{ so sweet ::  so happy to have him here! }









No comments:

Post a Comment