Sunday, September 16, 2012

{ the night before }

It's quiet.  Well almost.  Evan's sleeping and I'm attempting to get some sort of rest before tomorrow morning.  

I had planned on doing some grand things today as our last day as a family of three.  Or at least for Evan's last day as an "only".  Instead at 2 am, Evan came down with a fever and didn't sleep well at all.  Finally after getting Mike from work and settling in after some breakfast, Evan napped.  Then as soon as he woke up, he promptly threw up.

After getting him cleaned up and settling him on the couch, he fell back to sleep for a couple of hours.  I took him into urgent care this afternoon simply because I wanted to see what he was sick with.  Especially with a new baby coming tomorrow, if Evan needed to be on antibiotics, then I wanted that started tonight.

Thankfully when we went to Urgent Care, we were the first ones in line in the waiting room, so we got in quickly.  And found out that little boy now has strep throat.  So he's now on antibiotics and will have to be at home and unable to meet his brother now until Tuesday morning.  (which he isn't all too happy about)

If I have learned anything this pregnancy...is you have roll with the punches.  Life quickly changes and the ideals and expectations of how life are never how they are suppose to be.  But that's okay.  It eventually all works itself out anyways.

So, no, We didn't do anything grand for our last day as a family of three.  And tomorrow won't be picture perfect either.  But I did get to cuddle with Evan and spend some one on one time with him.  And tomorrow I'll probably be so out of it that it's probably best that no one will really be coming to visit since I have asked that no one comes until Evan's had a chance to meet Alex first.  And Mike will get some rest (my mom will now be staying with me in the hospital while Mike comes home to be with a sick Evan) that he most likely wouldn't be able to get while he's at the hospital with me.

Regardless, I'm excited.  I can't wait to meet our newest addition....just a few more hours...heck most likely less than 12, and our Alex will be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment