Sunday, October 28, 2012

{ I see you }

I see you.  Struggling to figure out where your place is now that we've added a new body in the mix.  It's been a long 6 weeks and I can see you still struggling & feeling it all out.  Some days you are absolutely wonderful.  And other days...well other days I just can't wait until you go to bed.

I know you love your new brother.  You love to hug him, hold him, and really just be with him.  I know it's hard for you when we ask you not to love on him so much.  He's still fragile.  Soon, very soon he'll be chasing you around and will be all up in your face.  Just wait.

It hurts my heart to see you struggle this hard.  I know there are times where I do wonderfully to help you figure it all out and other times...I'm sure you can't wait to go to bed just so we get a way from one another.

I pray about it.  I pray for you to find your way, the place that you are desperately trying to find in this family.  I pray that you know how much I love you and cherish the moments I have with you both alone and with your brother.  I pray that you feel comfort from your Heavenly Father when you are hurting.  I pray for me to know how to be the mom you need me to be.  I pray the knowledge to lead you through this.  I pray for you to find comfort in me as well.

Just know that I see you.  You are not forgotten.  You are the oldest.  The leader.  You always have been.  You are seen.  loved.  cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment