Monday, October 29, 2012

{ this week }

My final week at home is here.  I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks.  Alexander has grown so much and leaving him will be hard.  At least I'll be leaving him in the very capable hands of Mike - but I'm sure I'll get panicked phone calls the first couple of weeks.  I'm still trying to figure out my schedule with work - I don't necessarily want to put Alex in daycare on Fridays until we have figured out his kidney, but I'm realizing that I may not have a choice...

And while I was hoping this would be a relaxing final week, I'm also realizing how much needs to happen.  Evan has swim lessons, Halloween, Alexander's renograph (over 2 hours of fun at Children's Hospital!), my final doctor appointment, and going back into the office for the first time to get my schedule for the next week.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something - but I'm hopeful I'll be able to sneak in a few more naps before next Monday!

I'm also trying to get us in some sort of regular schedule - or at least myself.  Evan hasn't been helping too much with his rebellious behavior.  I'm hoping to nip in the butt before it gets too out of hand.  I'm also trying to get Mike on board.  It has always seemed that the three nights he is home, it all goes to pot because he lets Evan get away from the bedtime routine I have set out.  I think I have scored some points with him when he realized how easily things went tonight.

While I'm prepared for a busy week full of running - I'm going to cherish these last few days where I get to be a stay at home mom before I go back to being a working mom but now of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment