Sunday, April 27, 2014

{ the sunday currently :: volume 1 }

{ confetti eggs at our annual Hall Family Chreaster }

After reading Lauren @ siddathornton and her "The Sunday Currently" post, I figured that I would play along too, so here we go...

CURRENTLY...

READING :: I just finished The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion.  It was the first book that I finished off the Rory Gilmore book challenge.  I haven't had much time for reading because of the holiday and having two very over active boys.  I hoping that after this week once things settle down I can continue and finish my next book Angela's Ashes.

WRITING :: I'm trying to make it more of a point to write in my journal.  Even if it's a sentence of how I'm feeling.  I really want to spend this last year and a half before entering my thirties knowing who I am.  As well as being able to remember the hilarious things that come out of the mouths of my boys.

LISTENING ::  After watching the MTV Movie awards several weeks ago, we've become a little obsessed with Twenty One Pilots.  It's always on in our car and not a day goes by that we don't play "car radio".  I'm really disappointed that they aren't coming to Minnesota any time soon...but maybe they'll change there minds and head in our direction.

SMELLING ::  Rain...it's been raining here all day and it smells fresh.  I love the smell of rain.  Also because it's been a long horribly cold winter here...for it to finally smell like spring makes my heart swoon.

WISHING :: For it to already be Friday.  It's been a long weekend full of family and...well today was just horrible.  Not that I don't enjoy my work, but I could really use a day where everyone is gone and I have the place all to myself to several hours.

HOPING :: That Alex's ear infection is finally on it's way out.  He is on his second round of antibiotics for this ear infection from hell.  This week has been horrible for our schedule and for our sleep.  Luckily he takes his meds like a champ and seems to be on the mend.  However his schedule was so thrown off this week, I'm sure it's going to take a week or more to get back to his regular schedule.

WEARING ::  Nothing impressive...it's Sunday night and bedtime...so it's sweats and a T-shirt

LOVING ::  All the pins I just pinned to my summer board on pinterest.  The plan is to spend every. single. evening. at the pool park.  This means bathing suits and picnic lunches.  I'm just so ready for summer.

WANTING :: a puppy.  We recently found out that where we rent will allow us to have a dog.  I still have tons of work to do on my spring cleaning list before we can even consider bringing a dog home, but it doesn't mean that I can't look, right?  That and I need to find a way to completely sell the hubby on the whole idea.

NEEDING :: a vacation.  I've been working tons of over recently and I feel like I just need to leave for a long weekend and enjoy the company of my boys and husband.

FEELING ::  Tired.  Maybe because it's bedtime and I haven't slept in a few days...here's hoping Alex sleeps through the night!

What are you up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment