Thursday, April 3, 2014

{ winter :: i give up }

 
I don't actually hate winter.  I actually enjoy the snow and cold.  I used to enjoy the fluffy coats of the horses and the winter trail rides with my mom.  The big snow flakes and sledding.  But this winter is different.  With no barn to run off to and the epic frigid temperatures, I'm ready to throw in the towel.
 
Tonight, here in MN, we are expecting 6 to 8 inches in our area and I'm over it.  I'm ready for spring.  To see green grass and sunshine.  I'm ready for dinners to be picnics at the park so the boys can run off their left over energy from the day.  I'm ready to start running outside where I don't have to worry if I'm going to slip and fall on my butt on the ice.
 
I'm tired of being stuck in our small apartment with two hyper-active boys.  I'm tired of icy roads and snow emergencies.  I'm tired of grey and cold.  I'm done winter.  Totally and utterly done.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment