Saturday, June 23, 2012

{ 26 weeks....and 3 days }

{ 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant :: 6.21.12 }

This week I had another prenatal checkup appointment, and had my glucose test for gestational diabetes.  I'm not to worried about failing, since I didn't have it with my first pregnancy.  The drink was okay...I would have much rather had the orange pop kind that I had when I was pregnant with Evan instead of watered down fruit punch I drank this time.  Otherwise, Alex hid from the doctor while she was trying to find his heartbeat...which she eventually found and I wasn't all too worried since he was kicking me the whole time she was looking for it, and my belly is measuring on target if not a little big.

Alex is super active.  I get punches and kicks all through the day, and according to Mike, all night long too.  At least if he's having a party at night, I can sleep through it.  This past week it's getting harder to bend over and pick up after the tornado that is Evan.   So I've been relying heavily on his chore chart and allowance to bribe teach him to pick up after himself.

Next week is going to be a long week.  Evan is turning 6 on Monday and on Thursday we go back to MFM to check on Alex's kidney.  I'm crossing my fingers that this will be our last appointment with MFM.  But I guess we'll see.  Either case, I'm looking forward to getting another sneak peek at Alex.  I'm just hoping that he'll be willing to play along to get the pictures that they need.



No comments:

Post a Comment