Monday, August 13, 2012

{ 34 weeks }

We are in the home stretch.  I can count how many weeks until I meet our sweet boy on one hand.  5 more weeks.  I feel a little lucky that I know exactly when Mr. Alex is going to make his appearance, and thankful that I won't have to repeat the awfulness that was Evan's birth again.  (36 hours of labor, an epidural that didn't work, and well more awfulness after that too)

Alex is realizing that he is quickly running out of room and my belly seems to have exploded the past week.  After work, I'm left sore and drained.  But I keep reminding myself that it's only temporary and soon I'll have (some sort of) energy and mobility back and a new baby to boot.

We're nailing down our birth plan.  Even though it's pretty simple.  Alex is to be delivered by C-section on the Sept 17th.  I could really careless who comes and waits at the hospital, but I really want to give Evan the chance to meet his brother and spend whatever time he wants with his new brother before all the rest of the family comes to meet Alex.

I did tell my MIL that I wouldn't be so mean as to make her and my mom wait out in the hallway until Evan gets home from school at 3 pm before meeting Alex, but everyone else was going to have to wait.

I'm excited and anxious to meet this little boy that has already needed so many doctor appointments.  I have a feeling he's going to keep us on our toes!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your baby! I'm so jealous! Maybe he will be a soccer player! haha! (: Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete