Thursday, August 2, 2012

{ saying goodbye }



Yesterday we said goodbye to Bailey.  A full day early.  I had received a text from my mom that morning that the person who was going to trailer Bailey down to Kansas wanted to pick him up that evening instead of waiting until today.  After rushing through my clients and sending countless hours hounding the vet for his coggins, we loaded Bailey on the trailer and sent him on his way.

I don't know if it's really hit me yet that I said goodbye to him.  I know where he's going and I honestly don't know if my mom will keep him or not, but at least with everything else that is going on, I don't have to make that decision.

I was blessed for the past 3 years to own Bailey.  The lessons I learned and people I met.  Being able to share my passion with my son and have him love it as much as I do touched my heart.  I know this isn't the end to having a horse, it's just now isn't the time.  I hope that once I am healed from delivering Alex and once we get Alex's kidney healed and settled that I will be able to start taking riding lessons again.  The owners of the place where Bailey was boarded have offered Evan and I the chance to come out and ride their horses, you better believe that we'll take them up on that offer.

Bailey...you were an awesome first horse.  You taught me as much as I hope I taught you.  Thank you for always taking care of Evan whenever he was around you on or on your back.  I wish you the best.  I know you are going to be just an awesome horse for the right person.

{ Evan's last ride on Bailey }




{ Evan and Bailey }




No comments:

Post a Comment