Sunday, August 5, 2012

{ dear evan }

Dear Evan,

Your time as a only is very quickly coming to an end.  In fact we only have another 6 short weeks before your brother makes his appearance.

{ snugglin' before bed }

I hope that you  remember the quiet times where it's just you and me.  All clean from you bath and warm in you jammies as we read the scriptures or whatever book you have picked up.  I hope you remember snuggling into my side and listening to my voice while you gently touch my tummy to see if you can feel Alex move.


{ me and my smooch pants }

You have taught me so much about myself and how to be a mom.  I know that Alex will most likely be entirely different, but it was you that first made me a mom.  It has been an adventure these past 6 years and you have already made me so proud to watch you grow so very fast.  I know before I know it, you will be graduating high school and spreading your own wings to try out the world.


{ Evan "practicing" with his cousin, Addy }

Soon you will have a brother and no longer be alone.  I hope that you will enjoy having a sibling has much as I have enjoyed having my own brother and sisters.  Yes, there will be times where you will hate each other.  Fight like cats and dogs.  And completely wonder who the heck your brother is and who raised him.  But years after you both are grownup, you will laugh about the silliness that was growing up together.


{ Evan "practicing" with a not very sure cousin Levi }

I know you, Evan will be a wonderful big brother.  You already are planning all the things you want to do and show your little brother.  I can't wait to watch the two of you grow together as brothers and as individuals.


{ me and my best buddy }

I love you my sweet boy.  While you will be my oldest, you will always be my baby.

Love,
your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment