Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{ sleep hater }

He's come out 5 times since we put him to bed about an hour ago.  This happens every.single.night.  And he's 6.   Don't most kids by this time sleep through the night?  Or at least go to bed?

Evan's always hated sleep or any kind of rest ever since he was born.  I'm not exactly sure what kind of parties he thinks Mike and I are having after he goes to bed.  We (or guess I) pretty much hit the sack as soon as I lay him down for the night.

And while it's annoying that he just can't settle down, I've been "okay" with it because within about 30 to 45 minutes he eventually passes out and wakes up a somewhat happy child.  However, the past 2 weeks he's been waking up like he's been snorting pixie sticks in his sleep.  Completely angry and bitter at the world for the sun rising.


 Tomorrow, we're going to try some new tactics, although I'm sure it's going to take a while to figure out what will work for him and us.  I'm hoping that I can get these in place before Alex makes his appearance in just shy of 10 weeks.


Otherwise I'm sure we'll be screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment