Saturday, July 7, 2012

{ 49 days }

49 days, that's all.

In 49 days, Bailey will be moving to Kansas to be with my mom.  It was a hard decision that I have been playing around with since I found out I was pregnant with Alex.  The idea of selling Bailey seemed a little too much for me, but giving him to my mom where he will be used and ridden on a regular basis was something that I could handle.

It wasn't a matter of being able to afford to keep him or not with another baby on the way, it was really looking at what our lives are going to be like for the next several years.  I simply won't have the time because I have other priorities and dreams that I need to follow now.

The dream of horse ownership was has been wonderful the past 3 years.  Being able to share my passion with my son and have him love it as much as I do has been completely wonderful.   Saying goodbye to my 4-legged therapist and companion will be hard, but I know that this is the best decision for everyone at this moment.

And while I chase my other dreams and take care of the other priorities, I'll still be able to visit the other horses at the ranch for some much needed peace whenever needed.  I know this isn't the end of my passion or dream of horse ownership...it's just going to be on pause for now, while we grow our family, complete our degrees, and hopefully move into our forever home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment